Dr Rose Mak
Dr Rose Mak is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists and is a registered dermatologist both in Australia and the United Kingdom. She has practised in established tertiary teaching hospitals and busy private clinics in London and in Melbourne.
Rose practises both adult and paediatric dermatology and treats patients with a wide variety of specialist and general dermatological conditions and needs, such as:
• Skin cancer diagnosis and management
• Psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions
• Various skin rashes & lesions
Dr Mak studied Medicine at Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK and undertook her general medical training and dermatology specialist training at London teaching hospitals. During the last year of her specialist training, Rose was awarded the prestigious 3-year Medical Research Council clinical research training fellowship and undertook translational research to investigate:
• The molecular and immunological pathways in skin inflammation [psoriasis] and
• The development of novel therapeutics in psoriasis at St. John’s Institute of Dermatology, an internationally renowned cutaneous Research Centre.
Rose was awarded a PhD in Cutaneous Immunology by the University of London for her research work and was a consultant dermatologist at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust prior to working in Melbourne, Australia.
Apart from private practice, Dr Mak is a consultant dermatologist at the Royal Children’s Hospital (Laser Unit) and the Skin Health Institute (Advanced Targeted Therapies Clinic) in Melbourne.
SHI Clinic: Advanced Targeted Therapies