This workshop aims to upskill GPs and GP registrars in dermoscopy and its application in assessing skin lesions.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to confidently:
- explain the principles of dermoscopy.
- use a dermatoscope to differentiate between common skin lesions including seborrhoeic keratoses, basal cell carcinoma, in-situ SCC, vascular lesions and dermatofibromas.
- use a dermatoscope to identify benign melanocytic naevi.
- use a dermatoscope to diagnose suspicious pigmented lesions (melanoma, in-situ melanoma).
- describe the limitations of dermoscopy (patient safety).